Gestalt therapy is based on heightening your awareness in the present moment so that you can choose new ways or relating to others and your environment. Using creative means, I can help you to shift toward a more intuitive present-centred life.
Talk therapy is too simple a term for my approach – I work with the body and mind as they are interconnected. We will pay attention to the sensations in your body as well as your thoughts and ideas about things that are important to you. Since anxiety, depression and other persistent difficulties involve both mental interpretations and the nervous system’s reactions, working in this way provides a basis for lasting change you can feel.
In the Gestalt process there is an emphasis on gaining confidence in what you want for yourself rather than imposing other’s ideas of what you 'should' be doing. Overall you will find this experience creative rather than instructive. As the process unfolds, you may:
- Enhance your awareness of your interests, responsibilities and choices
- Settle unfinished business and let go of what is ready to be released
- Experience life with greater spontaneity and flexibility
For those who are interested, I also offer instruction in Yoga and Meditation practices. My knowledge of these practices informs my somatic and mindful approach to psychotherapy.
Book an Appointment
Gestalt Therapy with Simone Moir
- Individual $110 per/50min (incl. HST)
- Couples $130 per/50min (incl. HST)
- Group Therapy
Individual sessions with Simone may be eligible for coverage by your Health Insurance Benefits Plan if your plan covers Registered Psychotherapy. Please check your benefits plan to confirm if this designation is covered in yours.
Yoga and Meditation Instruction with Simone Moir
- Individual Yoga Therapy and Instruction
- Meditation Instruction and Guidance
- Yoga For Anxious Times – workshop
- More about Simone
Gestalt Internationally: Gestalt News and Notes