ORIGINS: A BODY MIND THERAPY RETREAT
With Simone Moir
Co-Presented by BigTreeMind
August 26- September 2, 2017
Join us on a retreat to the island of Ikaria, Greece and explore the somatic origins of who you are. Simone Moir will share with you her unique integration of Yoga therapeutics, Buddhist retreat practice and Gestalt psychotherapy to help you rediscover the support of your own body as you move through the world. In this healing retreat, we explore the movement patterns that shaped us since the first year of our lives.
Through various sessions grounded in her body-mind approach, you will explore authentic answers for:
- How you feel about yourself
- Who you are attracted to and how you respond to them
- How others impact and influence you
- What you need from others to feel supported and satisfied
- What situations motivate you and which you avoid
By becoming familiar with these basic movement patterns in your own body you will learn more about your habitual sensory reactions and find new ways of responding. This is an interdisciplinary retreat, combining sessions in mindfulness meditation, yoga and gestalt therapy to drop beneath your story about yourself to shift stuck patterns of relating – in a safe, supported environment with like-minded individuals on a similar journey.
Watch a video of Michael Stone interviewing Simone Moir about the Origins: Body Mind Therapy Retreat
"Simone's background in art practice, Buddhist psychology and Yoga is a rare and important blend. Combining Yoga wisdom and body practice with the stillness of guided meditation and the precision of Buddhist psychology, Simone has a gifted ability of juxtaposing different systems without oversimplifying any of them. As a teacher this is a rare gift – one that allows a range of perspectives so that anyone working with Simone can expect her to attend to you with many tools and a lot of patience." — Michael Stone, Zen Buddhist teacher, Yoga Instructor and Author
On this retreat you may:
- Deepen your sensory awareness
- Increase your capacity for being present
- Connect with intuitive body-based knowing
- Bring clarity to your choices and decision-making
- Communicate with greater authenticity
- Learn to create and sustain intimacy
- Open to new ways of relating with yourself, others and the environment
But it won’t be all hard work! Sessions are conducted in a studio facing the Aegean sea. With direct access to the beaches, food and culture of the Island, there will also be time for socializing, exploring, and relaxing on island-time.
Ikaria is world renowned for the long and healthy lives of the locals. Researchers suggest that the keys to an Ikarian long life may well be natural body movement, a sense of meaning and life purpose, good sources of organic food, napping and community engagement such as the Panagiria festivities where food, wine and dancing the Ikariotikos continues until dawn.
This ideal location offers a nourishing environment to quiet the noise of busyness and mental chatter, awaken your sense perceptions and take a real look at yourself. The retreat program is packed with resources to support you in taking a leap towards the way you really want to feel. You will leave this retreat with a rich groundwork in practices to sustain change in your life.
What A Day Looks Like
Here is a sample daily schedule for Sunday August 27, 2017. Please note the schedule will fluctuate slightly throughout the week to take advantage of the environment and cultural activities participants may want to explore. There will be some optional additional sessions in the evening on some nights and some mornings free.
- *6:19am - Sunrise
- 7:30am-8:30am Morning Yoga with Focus on Developmental Movement Patterns
- 8:30am-10:00am Breakfast/Free Time
- 10:00am-12:30pm Gestalt, Developmental Somatic Psychotherapy group session
- 12:30pm-1:30pm Lunch
- 1:30pm-4:00pm Free time swimming, exploring, lounging, napping
- 4:00pm-5:00pm Gestalt opportunity for individual therapy in Hot Seat Style
- 5:00pm-5:30pm Break/Iced Tea
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Mindfulness Meditation
- 6:30pm Evening Free Time
- Choose your own dining options from local restaurants and neighboring villages.
- Optional visit to a Panigiria Festival in Maratho, Vrakades, Agios Dimitris, Agios Panteleimon, Avlaki
- *8:26pm- Sunset
*Times are approximate for August in Ikaria, Greece.
What’s included in accommodation:
- 7 nights in the Karras Hotel (***) hotel (shared 2 person rooms)
- Organic vegetarian breakfast and lunch buffets
- Proximity to gorgeous nearby surrounds which include surfing, sandy beaches, hot springs, hikes, waterfall, turtle nesting areas, snorkeling
- Trips to Ikarias famous sights
- Beautiful Pool
- Open air studio with 180° sea view and sea view terrace
- Walking distance from the Hotel
- Private sandy beach, 5 minutes walking distance
- Yoga and meditation props
- WiFi Internet
- Iced Tea
- Oceanfront lookout point and nearby Messakti Surf Beach
What’s not included:
- Travel cost (Airfare)
- Travel insurance
- Evening meals
- Rent of cars, mopeds or bicycles
- Airport transport
Interested and want to find out more? Is this retreat a fit you? Discuss pricing and payment options. Book your discovery session with Simone Moir now: firstname.lastname@example.org